YellowDog is building a world where people can do more, create more, explore more; unleashed from limited computing power. As a technology business, YellowDog has developed one of the leading intelligent scheduling and orchestration platforms, enabling business to access the ‘best source of compute’ across multiple public clouds and on-premise resources.
Over the past four years, YellowDog has established a brand known for Cloud Rendering in multiple animation and visual effects markets across the world. We have customers in over 40 countries who are looked after by the team in Bristol.
In March 2018, YellowDog launched its proposition for Financial Services and secured its first customer in October. The opportunity for YellowDog’s technology is massive, spanning multiple verticals including aerospace, life sciences, retail, telecommunications, oil and gas and geology.
Venture Capital backed and poised for explosive growth, YellowDog people are fun loving, reliable, genuine and adventurous. As we build YellowDog we are creating an environment we want to work in and is a career defining role. We are looking for new team members who can bring a range of new skills, experiences and backgrounds to this exciting opportunity.
The Global Client Director will be instrumental in growing YellowDog’s enterprise business in the first 12 months and 5x in the years that follow. Reporting to the CCO, they will lead YellowDog’s sales growth across all verticals in the UK and Globally.
- To ensure the penetration and proliferation of YellowDog’s products & services within large enterprise clients globally.
- To deliver £2M in annual license fees plus consulting services.
- To build and manage a pipeline of good quality deals, in order to grow YellowDog’s revenue.
To prioritise activities to build and sustain a deal pipeline that will secure £2M of signed deal value and broader opportunities in the future.
To build and maintain a coherent account plan, engaging wider stakeholders and partners in the plan.
To generate new leads and opportunities across the account through smart business development work.
To role model sales cadence, ensuring sales administration is current, accurate and the data in the CRM is reportable.
To co-ordinate internal resource, so as to have maximum impact on YellowDog and shorten the sales cycle.
To ensure opportunity hand over to Consulting is thorough, professional and in line with YellowDog’s expectation, such that the customer experience is world class and your colleagues love you.
- Drive YellowDog’s growth 3x in the first 12 months and 5x in the years that follow.
- Execute promotional strategies so that YellowDog is recognised in the market as the leading predictive scheduling and orchestration platform.
- Secure a national or international award that was customer nominated.
- Working with the rest of the YellowDog team, support YellowDog being in the Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in the UK within the next three years.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- Learns quickly and demonstrates brainpower.
- Excellent and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Sets high standards and goals for themselves and others.
- High degree of organisation and planning.
- Determined and persistent.
- Calm under pressure.
- Moves fast and is adaptable.
- Follows through on commitments.
- High attention to detail.
- Great at analysis.
- Works to the company’s and not their own agenda.
- Enthusiasm/ability to motivate others.
- Able to be persistent without becoming a pest.
- Proactivity/takes initiative.
- Strong work ethic.
- Treats people with respect.
- Flexible/adaptable, and loves working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong listening skills.
- Open to criticism and others’ ideas.
- Amazing written and oral communication skills.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Is able to persuade people within YellowDog, prospects and customers.
- Holds people accountable.
- Proven people leadership experience with demonstrated ability to build, develop and motivate a high-performing team.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Develop and drive forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue and expense budget models that meet company objectives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
- Utilise YellowDog’s CRM to ensure consistent and standardised monitoring of prospect and client information, account-specific sales activities, forecasting, partner & territory management and quote management.
- A proven track record of delivering significant sales growth in a senior commercial role in a company selling enterprise software to large businesses.
- Experienced in developing and executing successful go-to-market commercial strategies in multiple verticals.
- Successfully established, managed, operated and driven growth through sell-with and sell-through partners.
- Evidence of working in a scale-up environment and understanding of the opportunities and challenges that presents.
- Desirable experience selling into the media entertainment, financial services or aerospace industries.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing complex data and quickly drawing quality and actionable insight.
- An ability to travel, both planned and unplanned, to customers and prospects all over the world, around 50% of the time.
- Budget planning and control.
What You Will Get from Us
- An amazing package, including stock options, that reflects the significant impact the role will have on YellowDog’s long term growth.
- Working in Bristol or London at the heart of the vibrant startup and scaleup community in Runway East (with free cake on Wednesdays, free beer on Fridays, talks, community events, table tennis and a view over Bristol’s historic floating harbour).
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off work every year.
- Generous pension contribution.
- The opportunity to get a free bicycle with YellowDog’s membership of Free2Cycle.
- And, best of all, a role that will define your career.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please email a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com